Serves 6 to 8 Persons
- 2 x 6 in Loins, skinned and sinews removed
- 1 Leg of Saltmarsh Lamb approx. 4 1/2 - 5 lbs
- 2 Lemons
- 4 cloves of Garlic (peeled)
- 8 sprigs Rosemary (approx 6 in long)
- 8 sprigs Sage Leaves (approx 6 in long)
- 1 small bunch fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 fl oz Olive Oil
Remove bones from leg of Saltmarsh Lamb and brown in oven with carrots, onions and leeks (washed but unpeeled). Place into pan with water and simmer for 3 hours.
- Peel zest from lemons and place in blender adding the garlic, herbs, salt and pepper, juice of the lemons and olive oil.
- Chop to a medium texture. Make cuts into the Leg of Saltmarsh Lamb and rub in half the mixture, placing the remainder inside the meat.
- Tie up the Lamb with string, place in tray and roast at 200ºC (Gas Mark 6) turning the meat every 20-25 minutes until pink or to your liking. Remove and rest.
- To make sauce pour stock into roasting tray, place tray on hob and gently scrape all the goodness from the pan. Add seasoning and sieve mixture.